Monday, December 28, 2015

Week #62 - Getting Ready for a Transfer!

Hey Mom and Dad,

Well this week has been another busy one trying to get ready for the new Recorder to come and packing up all my stuff (I am getting REALLY good at packing). Unfortunately I am not really going to be able to email more than a couple sentences because I just got back from Dagupan to get my new apartment ready and such. But I did get at least a little bit of a P-Day because I was able to get a haircut (FINALLY) and eat at a nice resturante.

Anyways honestly that is all I can manage this week because I am all out of time:( I promise my P-Days next transfer will be much longer and I will get more than 30 min to email. I love you, have a good week!

Your son
Elder Dahle


Family Home Evening we had at John Michaels house. Maraming bata. 

Heres a monkey we found. The owner named him tagapagmuni-muni which means Heavy thinker haha cuz he always has a thinking face haha

Some balute egg I ate! 


Friday, December 25, 2015

2015 Christmas Call


Memories of Alex’s 2015 Christmas call

Despite MANY technical difficulties, lots of frustration & tears we did get to talk to the boy!!! Here are our favorite memories:

· Advised his siblings to do homework and work hard at school!

· He was actually excited to leave the music performing behind in the mission field so he can focus more on the missionary work and teaching.

· Favorite place in the mission was the Mountains he climbed in his first area with Elder Skinner

· Had no favorite Tagalog word – loved the language.

· Favorite food is fresh pineapple.

· Is excited to be traveling on a boat to get this his area in Dagupan where he is transferring to.

· Excited to be teaching in the field again and not in the office partly because he never got much of a P-Day.

· Needed a HAIRCUT!

· He was shocked by Josh’s deep voice and how tall everyone was!

· He did ask if we had seen Star Wars and was so sad that he wasn’t getting to see it!

· He seemed happy!

· Loves his mission!

· Loves President Deyro

Monday, December 21, 2015

Week #61 - Baptisms, Singing performances & a Transfer as a Trainer to Start the New Year!

Elder Dahle & Elder Dromey
Hello,

Yes! The baptisms happened!!!



Well, this week was a really really really hard week. Our second TV performance was SOOOO COOL. Four of us men did an a capella arrangement of O Holy Night and it was really hard but we pulled it off pretty well. That was the first time I have really had to hold my own part by myself a capella, so it was a good learning experience. We could tell the people in the TV station felt something really special.

On a humorous note. They had a second camera facing our chorister (Elder McBride) and they had a green screen behind him. on the green screen they layered the footage of the choir singing so it looked like he was conducting in front of us facing the camera. That sounds pretty cool right? Well, Elder McBride's neck tie was green which meant that when they layered our images, he had a big whole in his body through which you could see the alto section haha. Everyone in the whole studio got the giggles from that haha.

It was all pretty stressful overall with the schedule and getting ready for the other performances that Elder Dromey and I have on the 24th at the CB Mall Event Center (which we are soooo excited for), and the last TV Choir Performance on the 25th, as well as a few other shows.
"Urdaneta Zone Missionaries will be Presenting a Christmas Concert at CB Mall on December 24, from 11AM until 3PM. The Mall has donated the use of the venue on the 3rd floor. All the restaurants in the mall are placing one of these cards with each person who visits their restaurant to help publicize the Christmas Concert. Elder Dromey and Elder Dahle will be singing and the rest of the zone will have booths setup to teach about our Savior Jesus Christ." Flyer being handed out by the Urdaneta Stake


However, last night I was informed by President that I am training again this next transfer. I am really excited for that, but it is definitely tough to say goodbye to the office and my current comp and all the other people I have worked shoulder to shoulder with. To be honest, it was a shock because I thought I was going to be here till the end of next transfer. But I suppose President's revelation was different than my personal plan and I have to be submissive to that. So here comes another open area (being my 4th). I think I am going to Dagupan, which is kind of like the promised land of the mission, so maybe there is greener grass over there for me. And there I can pick up Pangasinan again since I have forgotten a lot after being in Ilocano areas for the past 6 months. I don't know. I will be honest. I really really dont want to leave this area and calling. But I suppose I dont have much of a choice, and I have to trust that that will be best. 

I am excited to meet my kid. I have seen pictures of all of the new batch, but I dont know which one is my trainee yet. I will be honest. I want to train a foreigner so bad haha. Teaching them Tagalog is way fun.

Anyway. Singing on T.V. has proven to be incredibly effective. We literally walk don the street and people ask "hey were you singing on my TV last week?" haha then its a nice segue into bringing up a gospel conversation.

Anyway, YES I GOT MY PACKAGE! Haha the little flip calendar made me trunky for a little bit when I got it. And all the little notes I got from all of you were really special. My companion and I are saving a bunch of the candy for our curfew night so we can pig out while we watch church movies haha. Anyway I love you all so much. Maligayang Pasko!!!!

Love Elder Dahle

P.S. I FORGOT! Dec. 26th at 9:30-10 am (my time) I will call. I love you!!!

Monday, December 14, 2015

Week #60 - He Trusts You

Hello family and friends,

Well, this week certainly proved to be as busy as anticipated. Just got back from Dagupan after performing on TV!! We sang on the morning show at like 6:30 so we had to get up at 3:00 am (yeah singing at that hour of the morning was hard). Evidently, I am EXHAUSTED right now, but it will forever be a memory of my mission that I hold dear. There will be a video soon posted to the blog which I have recently started for the mission! here is the link. You can give it to all the other parents so they can see pictures of their kids up there when I post them!




here is the link- http://urdanetamission.blogspot.com/

The most recent post is a video that Pres. Deyro's son-in-law made with his super nice DSLR camera. There is a lot of footage of me with my last companion Elder Ansuban, and with Elder Dromey (the red haired one that I have been doing music with). Hopefully it works on your computer because I am having a hard time getting it to load on my computer.

Another thing that happened this week was our Christmas Conference that we in the office have been working so hard to prepare for. It is both sad and relieving that my 1st and last Christmas Con. is now finished (my batched didn't get here in time for last December's). The messages shared by President Deyro and his wife were inspiring and motivating. I think overall we as a mission feel close to them and trust them a lot.


2015 Christmas Conference

Urdaneta Mission Office Staff
John Michael and Imelda have now been interviewed and passed AND came to church!! They will be baptized on Saturday Dec. 19th at the Urdaneta Stake Baptism where all the units in Urdaneta Stake (including San Manuel, my 1st area) will have their baptisms all in one meeting! Its going to be really exciting to see all those baptisms, and see the San Manuel Saints.

The whole idea of baptism has honestly changed a lot in my mind since I have been on my mission. There is a fairly wide range of views and opinions concerning the act of baptism in churches throughout the world. Some people may believe it is what we do simply to increase our members. Others may believe that is the end all be all purpose of missionary work. But I have learned that it is much much much more than that. We do not baptize to make us bigger or better or more populated than anyone else, nor are those that are baptized simply left by missionaries saying "well, the job is done". We dont do it for any other reason other than the fact that in order for people to prepare for that "outward and visible sign of inward and spiritual, divine grace" (definition of ordinance), they all undergo a change of their hearts. A change that gives them hope for their eternal existence. It formally introduces them to God and establishes their relationship with Him as His son or daughter. It is symbolic of a new life. Not a new life where you dont make mistakes. But a new life where you don't have to be where or who you have been before, and you can change.

In the comedy As You Like It, written by Shakespeare, the story depicts a dramatic change in a character’s life. An older brother attempts to have his younger brother killed. Even knowing this, the younger brother saves his wicked brother from certain death. When the older brother learns of this undeserved compassion, he is totally and forever changed and has what he calls a “conversion.” Later several women approach the older brother and ask, “Was’t you that did so oft contrive to kill?” The older brother answers, “’Twas I; but ’tis not I: I do not shame to tell you what I was, since my conversion so sweetly tastes, being the thing I am.”

As stated by Jeffery R. Holland "These people are not lifeless objects disguised as a baptismal statistic. They are children of God, our brothers and sisters, and they need what we have." They too, like Shakespeare's character feel and learn of that "undeserved compassion" wrought by the Son of God in the Garden of Gethsemane, and they too felt that conversion. I know with every fiber of my body and with all the energy of my soul that God loves us. And we don't ever need to or should doubt that. The evidence of his love is around us everywhere and manifests itself in the feeling we get when we take sincere steps to know him and show our reciprocal love. He rejoices in the smallest steps we take to follow the example of his son.

So to all those who read this, especially to those dear friends of mine who do not share the same beliefs or faith as me and are maybe unsure about the existence of a God. I give you my testimony of personal experience, spiritual, logical, and heartfelt searching that you are loved by a Father in Heaven who has given his only Son for you. It may at times appear to you that he isn't "there" or that he remains quiet despite your fervent attempts to make that contact. The answer to such a dilemma is so simple and I sum it up in this small three word sermon.

He Trusts You.

He knows he does not need to come down in a lightning bolt or send a heavenly being to you to for you to figure it out. And if you follow your gut and doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith, he will slowly overtime manifest himself to you in a way that will sink in deeper to your heart than any vision, or revelation that he could give you. Be sensitive to yourself and spiritual things. You will find that naturally we as human beings have a craving for such things as real and tangible and hunger or thirst. I love you all so dearly and I pray for you daily by name. Just keep on keepin' on.

Your dear friend,
Elder Alexander Lynn Dahle

Monday, December 7, 2015

Week#59 - BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!!

Urdaneta Zone
Hey Mom and Dad,

(Sorry, I have literally no time so this will be short)

Dad, that sounds like a really great idea. Basketball is wayyyy bigger than soccer here. I will check some prices next week. I dont get a P-day this week because we in the office are SO BUSY preparing for Christmas Conference. Its going to be great though.

John Michael and Imelda made it to church this week. It was so exciting to see them walk in with big smiles on their faces ready to take the sacrament and stay all three hours. Its hard to pick a favorite investigator, but they are way up on my list, even if they did have a hard time keeping all the commitments at first.

Well this week has been very very busy, as I predicted last week. BUT next week still may be worse ha. And to make things all that much more stressful, I have ENTIRELY lost my voice. It is GONE. Which made my performance this morning pretty tough. No, we have not yet performed on Television (ABS/CBN Dagupan, if you want to look it up. Dont worry we will get a copy of it), but this morning a church videographer came and filmed us, as well as someone from the Area Public Affairs to come check on us before we go sing to make sure we are up to par, considering the fact that we are representing the church on a widely broadcast station. The public affairs lady cried, so its safe to say we are either really bad or she really felt the spirit when we sang "The First Noel", either one, she gave us the thumbs up to go through with it.

Elder Dromey and I have about a billion shows coming up and our zone is going to come with us to OYM and contact people while we sing again. We are going crazy showing people the new church video "a savior is born". It is really powerful and I can see the spiritual effect it has on those that see it. It brings in all ages and really captures the importance of the birth of christ and the reason for Christmas, and it is all explained by children around the world.

Mom, the Christmas call will be anytime between the 24 and the 26th of Dec. Please tell me when is best for you. It will be nice and quiet here in the office and I have very excited to see you all:)

Anyway, I have been busy making ID's for all the missionaries in our mission and I need to get back to that so I can have them done by tomorrow, I love you so much:)

Elder Dahle

Monday, November 30, 2015

Week# 58 I love missionary work!!!

Hey Family,

Well this week I have been busier than any other week of my mission, preparing for next week which will be busier than this week. President randomly decided to come work with me and my companion yesterday and teach our investigators with us (cool right!?). We were teaching a new investigator named Donald, and (like all new investigators I find) we used the "restoration cup pyramid" tool that Mom sent me when I was being trained. It was really really powerful for Donald and he decided to make changes in his life to prepare him to be baptized on January 9th! President loved that teaching tool and asked me and my companion to do a demo-roleplay of it in the upcoming Missionary Leadership Council.

In other news, John Michael and Imelda DIDN'T COME TO CHURCH GAAHH.

As upsetting as that last sentence seemed, all is still well. We had another tough lesson with them to get them back on track. They will still be baptized on the 19th assuming they come next week. We will be praying that they do.

Also, about extending. I am not so sure. probably not, but maybe still. haha we will see.

Sorry this one was short, I had surprisingly had a LOT of people email me today. It was nice to hear from all of them. I love you all so much. I love missionary work, and I want you to be doing it all of the time:) Ethan I encourage you to go work with the Elders:) I love you all!!!!

Elder Dahle

Monday, November 23, 2015

Week # 57 Little Miracles come from the Lord's detours

Family and Friends,

Yes little Rhianna is adorable and like a smaller Sam. I very much enjoyed talking with her. Its strange I will never ever see that little girl again, she lives in Bulacan and they were just here to tag along with their Dad who is one of the people who has some job in preparing for the temple. Its weird how you say goodbye to your family and all those you love, then go on a mission and spend all two years meeting and loving new people and then also saying goodbye to them. Its hard.

In other news. John Michael and his mom are now progressing investigators, we really watched them catch a new sense of purpose in coming to church, not just because the missionaries said so, but because they want to keep the Sabbath day holy. They are going to be baptized on the 19th. Also, I have gotten word this week that 6 of the investigators Elder Baldove and I found were baptized and also 3 of my investigators in Sta. Maria are being baptized by Elder Sta. Maria. Many of the seeds that I planted are being harvested, and one of my old investigators is now saving to go on a mission. It feels so incredible to have been then Lords instrument to bring those people closer to him and going in the right direction.

Everyday Elder Raymundo and I see little miracles. They are always disguised as a bad timing problem, or a wrench in our schedule, but it always ends up taking us where we need to go. "Punted" is a common term used by missionaries, meaning that your appointment wasn't home. We as a district have decided to stop looking at it like a negative thing and just call it "detour" because we know that the Lord needs us to be somewhere else.

Speaking of district. This transfer there are two new Sisters in my district and the AP's are now in a different Zone. We have not yet had a district meeting because of a lot of other things to prepare for Relentless Week and for the Christmas Initiative that the church is launching on November 29. So I haven't given and workshop in a LONG TIME. Its kind of a relief. But I do miss it ha. Because of relentless week and the effort that everyone put into it, this month the missions effectiveness is THROUGH THE ROOF. We are all very anxious to get the Temple here and we are preparing Pangasinan as much as we can.

Music! In the next couple months I am going to be doing a TON of music. In three weeks or so a mission choir that I am in of about 8-10 missionaries will sing a capella on the radio and then again on TV later that week. The TV station is a really big deal and covers most of Northern Luzon (thats the name of the island we are on) and it will be seen by more than 7,000 people, so it should be pretty exciting. Elder Dromey and I will also be playing guitar and singing in Urdaneta City CB Mall Center in a few weeks and we are contacting and inviting news to that as well. I am kind of stressed about it all because we are so busy, but it should be really fun!

Anyway, I love you all so much. I miss you all and I hope everyone is happy. As thanksgiving comes around please dont forget to be extra grateful for all the blessings you have, and do everything you can to share it with others. You are all a blessing in my life and I am grateful to be able to be a part of your lives. Happy Thanksgiving!! See you all Next Thanksgiving! IF I DONT EXTEND! haha sorry Mom, suprise!... I am thinking about it. I will pray about it and keep you updated I am about 50/50 right now. (joey I know you said you will kill me if I did it. Its only 6 more weeks, still love ya bro:)

Elder Dahle

Monday, November 16, 2015

Week #56 - Finally some answers to some fun questions!

Hi family!

I had a spectacular week this week haha. I MET THE ELDER ANDERSON AND RENLUND! haha Elder Ardern of the 70 still remembered me and I spoke with him a little bit. I took a picture of us and the apostles shaking hands so I dont know where you can get that. Maybe he has a facebook? his name is Ian Ardern. Also mom, there is a lady in are ward that is trying to find you on facebook because she wants to give you a bunch of goofy pictures of me I will try to get you her name. BY THE WAY haha I keep forgetting to mention it but I have been the pianist for sacrament meeting since I was in Sta. Maria. Sometimes if President Deyros daughter is there I dont have to because she is way better than me haha. I also play at the baptismal services. I only know the really simple hymns but I finally just buckled down and used some P-Days to get faster at reading both hands of music. So thats a new skill I have acquired while being here.

Watching the last batch go home was really tough because I have a very very very close friend in that batch named Preston Howell, maybe look him up. He and I were close when I was in Mangaldan. Its kinda strange that when we were together in mangaldan he was about 17 months out. Time FLIES.

Finally got some time to answer all these haha

1. When was the last time you laughed with your companion and why? What makes you laugh in your area? How do you stay light hearted?

Well, I laugh with my companion like every 10 minutes so its kind of hard to keep track. The Philippines is a place built for laughing. It is a 3rd world country where you sometimes see some 3rd world logic. Like all the old women here smoke their cigarettes with the lit end in their mouth. Why? Who knows haha. Also you see finny stuff written or said in English all over the place. for example, sometimes I get called names (joe, americano, kuripot (that means cheap skate) etc...) this use to bother me alot but now we just laugh it off haha. Especially all the little kids. All they know how to say in english is "what's your name" so when they see you they dont know you speak tagalog so they just repeatedly ask what my name is, and often they slur the words so it sounds like "wash your name" haha and we always ask "madumi ba?" which means "is it dirty?" haha

2. Are there any inside jokes in your mission? What is your current mission theme right now?

the theme is "relentless week" which is a new idea of mine that i presented to president and all the zone leader in MLC (mission leadership council) or otherwise known as the council of the jedi's. We did it last week and it was incredibly effective so we will do it again. Yes we do have inside jokes, but too many to count. And many of them dont make sense in English, I will have to explain them in a year haha.

3. What is your favorite smell in your area right now? Least favorite?

My favorite smell is either pandesal bake shops or a freshly opened coconut or maybe ripe mangos. Theres a LOT of good food here. My least favorite smell is either dirty little kids that want to shake your hand or hug you, or the Pelengke which is like the fresh produce and meat market in the middle of the city. It smells downright awful. Too many smells and once.

4. What are some of the local sayings and interesting things people say in your area?

sa diyos and awa, sa tao and gawa which means god does the mercy, the people do the work or act ha thats hard to translate. Also everyone has been saying Maligayang Pasko or happy christmas since september. Christmas starts in the "-ber" months here.

5. What do most people do for work in your area or is it pretty mixed?

they either work in the field. drive taxi trykes, sell some kind of food at the pelengke or they are door guards for fast food restaurants

Anyway, John Michael and Imelda came to church!! Seems like they have suddenly got a fire under them thanks to our prayers, they are set to be baptized on the 19th of Dec! All our other investigators are kindof struggling right now, we are doing our best to be patient with them. OH I FORGOT.

RELENTLESS WEEK WAS A HUGE SUCCESS!!!! We normally get around 350-400 New investigators a week. So far this week (and only 72/95 areas have reported) we have 788. So that was a huge success. All the other key indicator stats look like that as well. I am just absolutely amazed at the hard work of all the missionaries put into that. It is incredible.

Anyway I am out of time. There are people from the facilities managment office of the church here to inspect the office and the guy brought his 4 year old daughter. She has been distracting me all email asking me about my favorite princesses and telling me i look like flynn ryder and such. Its great. I took a video haha. I will show you when I get home haha

I love you all so much.

Elder Dahle

Monday, November 9, 2015

Week #55 - Investigators SOOOO close and yet sooo far!

Hey Mom & Dad,

I am happy! The work goes well, President Deyro decided to go ahead and put my idea to the test this week starting today. So we had a meeting early in the morning today and so "Relentless Week" begins. I am very excited about it and I am carefully watching and analyzing the statistics to see the results. It is very exciting. I am getting to teach quite a bit, but we had a really discouraging experience yesterday. We have 2 investigators who were really really close to baptism; John Michael and his mom Imelda. They have been doing SPECTACULAR through all the lesson, they have been reading, praying, and coming to church, and all was going great. Then they passed their interview. All was great and they were set to be baptized this upcoming Saturday. BUT the following Sunday after their interview... they didn't come to church.... UHHGGGGG I just wanted to pull my hair out! They were SO CLOSE, but now we have to reset them and take them back another 4 weeks. And these next 4 weeks are going to be significantly harder; that's how it always is. The temptations for them will be stronger. The adversary will be more vicious in his attempt to halt their spiritual progress. Please pray for them. I feel very very close to these two individuals and I have had some very spiritual experiences with them while teaching, it would be hard for me if they cant keep their commitments. Anyway yes MANGALDAN IS NOW A STAKE! That is so great and I am very excited for them, my favorite BML Randy Delo Santos keeps me pretty updated on things happening there. I would do anything to die in that area (relax! "die" just means end my mission). The music has been tough to fit in to the grueling office schedule. We are working with President Deyro to find areas throughout the mission that need it so I can just go there and preform for them to help them get OYM's. I have preformed and a few church activities like FHE's and the homecoming of a local missionary. But for the most part I am taking a break because my responsibilities right now as Recorder and a District Leader have me swamped. I have even been dumb enough to add on to my work load by taking the lead on the Relentless Week program. When people have questions I get a text. And lets just say that I have been answering a lot of questions. Not to mention that being a DL means that I have to go interview the baptismal candidates of the missionaries in my district. This makes my schedule crazy but I LOVE INTERVIEWS. They are the most spiritual experiences. You really get to know who they are just in the short 6 interview worthiness questions. I have already faced some unexpected answers to some of the big ones. Those will have to be stories for after the mission.

Anyway, things there seem crazy. Sounds like everyone is really keeping busy. I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT ETHAN DOING DRUM-LINE. Oh my goodness I miss drum line. Can you email me some of my old drum line pictures, particularly the drum break ones :). YES my companion has a great sense of humor, we get along really really well, he is going to be one of my favorites:). Speaking of favorites, having a car means that on P-Day I can go where ever the heck I want to shop and such and so we went to SM mall today and I had a sweet reunion with Elder Sta. Maria, I miss him tons. He has a pretty tough companion right now so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I also get to see my kid (Elder Baldove) all the time, right now he is actually companions with Elder Brown haha, strange how it all works out. President Deyro is so in tune with the spirit in receiving revelation. Honestly, I really loved president Monahan, but he was kinda hard to get close to and really get to know. I feel like President Deyro is one of my closest friend and a father figure while I am away from my Dad. He counsels with me often and gives me advice and asks advice from me and such. I hope to stay in contact with him long after my mission.

Anyway, in other news. THE TEMPLE IS NIGH. A few weeks ago the church architect came to the office and just took a bathroom break after arriving here to scan sites for the temple (The current site wont work because the ground used to be a rice field so the ground is really soft) and he just talked to us for a little bit. He is a church employee and had just arrived from salt lake. I assumed that his position was over the philippines area or asia or something like that. I asked him. Nope. He is in charge of the temples for the whole world haha. 

Anyway, I am doing so good and I am loving the mission and I am scared about how fast this next year is going to go. I am really going do my best to enjoy this last year of 100% dedicated service to the Lord. Mom and Dad. I know this church is true. I want you to know that. For real. I know. And it will always be the guiding light for my life. I love you so much.

Elder Dahle

PS Mom, please keep me VERY updated on your health.

Monday, November 2, 2015

Week #54 - 1 year down & a New Companion

Hey Mom and Dad,

Well this week was also brutal for the office staff. This transfer is a short transfer so it is only 4 weeks. Meaning we have WAY less time to prepare for the transfer (which has a to do list with more that 100 check boxes on it). A lot is happening this transfer,

Firstly! I have a new companion! His name is Elder Raymundo (his name means "king of the world" so thats what I call him) He is way cool. Its going to be pretty hard to part ways with Elder Ansuban, I am not sure I have had a companion from which I learned so much. BY THE WAY, I just found out that Derek's last companion was Elder Ansubans MTC companion haha, its a small world.

My To-Do-List only seems to get bigger everyday.

2 weeks ago we had interviews with President Deyro, and I took the opportunity to share with him an idea I have had for a while now, that will really help our mission achieve our potential; president Deyro really liked that. It has been through a lot of changes but this friday I will give a Workshop with one of the AP's in MLC to all the Zone Leaders to explain it, then the first week of next transfer we are going to do a test run. Hope it doesnt utterly fail, because I have put countless hours into tweaking it to make it work.

In other news. I received some really wonderful news from the Andersons (they are the Self- Relience Couple missionaries here). Albert Raras is my very first baptism in the mission. Shortly after baptizing him, they found out that his wife Diane was pregnant and amidst the joy they had with that news, he unfortunately had to move far away to Maynila to work so then they could support them, meaning that he could not attend church. For a long time they struggled and at times didnt even have clean water for her to drink. But then the Andersons found her. THey worked hard to help her get to better circumstances and even supplied her with a couple jugs of fresh water. The wonderful news is that Diane has now given birth to a little boy, she is an executive trainer of the SRC in Urdaneta Stake and she and Albert are really close to being on their feet to get Albert in a situation where he can come back and go to church.

This was incredible news to me, and I know they are working to get to the temple to be sealed.

I am now out of time and that is disappointing because I have more I want to share regarding that.

Anyway, I love you, I am safe healthy and having a blast.

Elder Dahle

Monday, October 26, 2015

Week #53 - Busy but HAPPY! Almost to the 1 YEAR MARK!

Hey Family,

Wow, I have been ALL OVER the mission this week. Even today, and because of that this one is not going to be long or spectacular or have a tear jerking testimony at the end.

No more storm. Its gone, and luckily the other one went somewhere else. However I still had to get up and some ridiculous hour in the middle of the night and go evacuate the sisters in my district because the government opened the dam and that causes some crazy flooding. But all is well. The mission is just doing A LOT of service right now.

This week was good considering. Earlier during P-Day my companion and I negotiated a contract with a landlord for some sisters in Rosales Zone and then we went bowling with a lot of other missionaries I havent seen in a while. I didnt really notice how many friends I had made until we were all in one place and I was able to hang out with all of them.

Because no one went to church the sunday of the typhoon all of the Confirmations for investigators who were baptized on Saturday got moved the yesterday. Which now means that there are about a bajillion records coming to the office for me to take care of. UHG. Anyway mom, I will write answers to you questions on my lunch breaks this week and send them all to you on monday. But for now. I am happy. I am dry. I am tired. And I am now one year old in the mission. YIKES!

love

Elder Dahle

Monday, October 19, 2015

Week #52 - Typhoon Lando (Koppu) - Pray for the people of the Philippines!

Letter # 1 (A short update so Mom and Dad can breathe a little easier:0))

I am safe.

I am happy.

But those are the only two questions I have time to answer. The whole mission is on lock down, we have to go take kits to missionaries and check on everyone. The winds were brutal. You will see in the picture I am sending. Now it is raining like none other. Dad said they measured it in millimeters on the news there, but there is a meter of water covering some places of Urdaneta and even whole areas in other zones. I have to go help. I love you and might get to email more later today. If there are any other parents freaking out assure them there is nothing to be worried about if their kid doesn't email. They have no power and it isnt safe outside the apartment. All apartments are cement structures and they are all safe. I love you.

Elder Dahle

Letter #2


Hello all,

Well I don't have time to write a bunch, but they say a picture is worth a thousand words. I am safe, everyone in my district is safe and I am checking on them often. Typhoon Lando (Koppu) is strong. We are at a signal 3, and it just doesn't seem like it wants to leave the mission boundaries. No missionaries are hurt. Just a lot of damage to the weaker structures and most trees have been thoroughly amputated. Saw a flying banana tree. Here in the office the phones are off the hook. Many other areas are pretty flooded and it seems like its going to be this way for a while. Its raining really hard here in Urdaneta right now. The winds are pretty strong too but they are stronger in other places as the eye of the storm has left us. From the radar it looks like another slightly stronger Typhoon is just behind this one. Not sure if it will go south or come to us. Anyway, I love you all, pray for the people here please. 


You can see the wind sheared the bark off the tree behind me. all aside, I am safe. Love you all.


Elder Dahle

Monday, October 12, 2015

Week #50 - The Book of Mormon is True . . . Try It!

Hello Everyone,

It has really been a long time since I sent a large email to everyone in my list. (Sooooo if you hear that anyone is upset that they didn't get an email, it because I don't have it and they should send it to me.)

So I spent 3 months in Sta. Maria and my last companion there was Elder Sta. Maria (awesome, right?). There I started using music to do missionary work and preformed in front of a college while my sweet companion contacted over 200 people (incredible, right?) while I sang and played guitar. And now am in Urdaneta serving in a new calling (Mission Recorder and District Leader) and my new companion is Elder Ansuban (The Finance Secretary, I give him a hard time because my phone auto-corrects his name as Suburban) He is a Filipino from Mindanao, and he is easily the best, most inspired teacher in the whole mission. I am so very blessed to be his companion to learn from him.

My schedule has changed an awful lot, but it is still focused on my purpose. And we actually get to work way more effectively considering the fact that I have a car assigned to me. My new responsibilities as Recorder include creating the Urdaneta Newsletter, Recording all Baptismal records of convert baptisms, reporting the statistics of the mission to Salt Lake, editing all pictures and photos of new missionaries or activities and such. As a passing comment the records are a complete DISASTER. It is safe to say that I am never bored or without anything to do.

The music is going well and me and the supply manager, Elder Dromey (who was also just assigned a guitar) are preparing for a performance at the church for a church tour activity for investigators.

Honestly I have so much more I want to say but I am out of time.

I just want to close with my testimony of this work, this belief, and the undeniable blessing it has been to come here to the Philippines and meet these wonderful beautiful people, in this beautiful country. I have undoubtedly gone through changes as I have worked shoulder to shoulder with incredible people and worked with them to bring smiles to discouraged faces, and hope to broken hearts. This past week I saw the power of this message bring a grown man to tears as he read promised blessings from the Book of Mormon. I know that book is true. To who don't know anything about or have doubts concerning the 6 words in the previous sentence; I boldly yet lovingly invite you to read it (get a copy;its free and you all know a Mormon). With sincerity. Not just curiosity. With an open heart and mind. Then I invite you to pray and ask your Father in Heaven if it is true. It took time for me to TRULY know. But I will never regret the patience with which I took the steps to find that truth. I love you all so much and I wish you all happiness.

With Love,
Elder Dahle

Thursday, October 8, 2015

A brush with Home . . . The Dahle Elders finally meet in the Field

When Alex's Uncle Marc and Aunt Tammy decided to go pick up his cousin Derek from his mission (a neighboring missing to Alex's) I knew I wanted to send some things with them to get to Alex. We had just assumed they would drop it off at the mission home in Urdaneta and he would eventually get it.  But by divine intervention Alex was transferred, a week earlier than transfer week, to be a District Leader and Mission Recorder in the mission office in Urdaneta! And what do you know . . . they got to see him!!! Here are the pictures from their meeting! Tammy reports that he is doing wonderful, looks wonderful and happy! This mom couldn't feel more blessed that this worked out the way that it did and he got a Mom hug from the next best thing, Aunt Tammy!

Elder Derek Dahle, Emma (cousin), Uncle Marc, Elder Alex Dahle & Aunt Tammy
Elder Derek Dahle on his way home & Elder Alex Dahle at the half way mark!


And the 2 cousins meet in the Philippines! Don't you know their conversations were fun!

Elder Dahle with his new companion, Elder Ansuban

Monday, October 5, 2015

Week #49 - Early Transfer, New area, New Companion, New Responsibility!

Hey Family!

Well SURPRISE!!!!! I got early transferred haha.

I am now in the Mission Office and I have been called as a District Leader. So my new area is Urdaneta 1B (I think? I am still not sure where I am) and my new companion is Elder Ansuban, the Mission Finance (once again I have been blessed with a really wonderful companion' he is such a good missionary).

This time President didnt even wait till transfer day (*its still this next thursday haha), he just had his Assistant call me and have me pack my bags and get ready to be picked up by the mission Supply Manager because I was given a new assignment.

I now have a Philippines Licence, and a mission car (yeah its a new Toyota Corolla, imagine that haha). My new companion is Elder Ansuban the mission Finance Officer (he is so great). My calling involves a lot of new responsibility and I will have to tell you more about it next week (because I honestly dont know all of it) but I will just list a few things that I do as Mission Recorder.

> I receive all BCR's or Baptism and Confirmation Records and I check them and input them into the Church Records System

> I photoshop and edit all incoming photos of new missionaries and batch pictures

> I photoshop and create the mission Newsletter "Urdaneta.net"

> I create programs for Baptisms and other activities

> I help prepare the transfer list for the rest of the office Elders

> And about 5 other things I havent been taught yet

As a District Leader

> I interview all the missionaries of my District to check on their areas, their relationship with their companions, and their overall well being (those under my stewardship are actually ALL the Mission Leaders; AP's, Zone Leaders, and the Sister Training Leaders). So actually that means I am under the direction of all those in my district but they are under my responsibility, weird right? The Prophet has a home teacher, so its kind of the same principle.

> I give an instructional workshop to the district every tuesday.

> I join the Zone Leaders in a meeting after District Meeting to discuss and find solutions to specific problems of missionaries in my District

> I receive the stats of my district and send them the Zone Leaders (who then send them back to me as mission Recorder haha)

So basically there is a lot of new change in my life as a missionary. Some, really relieving (Air-conditioning office, Car, the big house, washing machine, The mission Secretary is a Culinary Arts student haha so he cooks all the time) And then also some really stressful new responsibilities. But President interviewed me when I got to Urdaneta and told me that he trusted me to have "little to no problems adjusting to the new calling" YIKES!

Anyway, I love you so very much, I will be anxiously awaiting the package :)

Love, 
Elder Dahle

Monday, September 28, 2015

Week #48 - 11 MONTH MARK!

.





Hey Mom,

PRIORITY NOTICE: Guitar strings (d'adarrio phosphorous bronze lights) and picks (dunlop yellows) and lastly deodorant (old spice)

Haha okay

This week was full of ups and downs as usual.

To start with an "up" I sang in front of like 400+ people and we contacted 223 of them. We have new investigators out the wazoo. Many of them were not from Sta. Maria so we have a lot of referrals to give to other companionship's here in Rosales. I played some EFY, Hymns, and two Tagalog songs. Preforming for the Lords purpose is really special because he "consecrates thy performance" (2 nephi 32:9). It was satisfying and powerful to all present and I felt the spirit manifest itself to the listeners the same way it does when we testify truth in a lesson. As I sang I watched my companion and all the other missionaries there talk to people and hand out pamphlets. I saw people filming and I saw people reading the pamphlets and talking about what they read all around me. We even had 3 non members ask if they could help and we gave them pamphlets and they passed them out to their friends and teachers. President Deyro is a genius and knew well that this would work. We even have been informed by members that there is a big presence on social media, including a post on facebook that got 100's of likes. (I will get the name of the member so you can watch the video haha).

Anyway, our investigators are doing really well and we had 7 come to church as opposed to the 3 that came last week. I feel like I did when we were having so much success in Mangaldan. Floro and Florante and Michael and Roxanne and Mighty (yep thats her real name) and Jarom all want to be baptized and are actively reading and coming to church. They have member friends and the fellowshipping is going well.

Elder Sta. Maria and I came to this area which was really struggling. It still has challenges and we have stuff to work out to make it more effective in the work of salvation. But we have high hopes that we will be able to work those out.

I have to go now, because I am out of time, but I want you to know that I love you and am really happy.

Everyday do something to strengthen your testimony

Elder Dahle

Here is an awesome Link of a video of Alex singing at a Ste. Maria Ward Event. Yeah - made his mama cry!!! 

https://www.facebook.com/stamariaward/videos/916773835082291/

Monday, September 21, 2015

Week #47 - Sore Fingers & a Happy Heart

Mom and Dad and Joey and Colby and Steve and Ethan and Paige and Josh and Sam and Randy Delo Santos and Jake Skinner and Grandma and Grandpa Dahle and last but not least Grandad,

Wow what a list haha, I had to just email you all at once because I am unbelievably busy and dont have the time to write personal for everyone this week.
Ha this week has trumped the entire previous 11 months of my mission in eventfulness. This turned out to be far more than just a small performance at the municipality. The mission has spent over 26,000 pesos (yep thas about 650$) on this project. I did not anticipate exactly what president Deyro had in mind.

Apparently this may become my capacity as a missionary for a while.

This week was one of the most painful weeks of my mission. No dont freak out. It is only because I have spent the past 7 days getting the callouses back on my fingers that I lost over the past 11 months. It hurts SO BAD on day one haha.

I am still teaching and working to get my investigators into the waters of baptism. But finding them is now a whole new ball game. The mission bought a guitar and an amp and two mics and mics stands and a small 4 channel mixer for me and the other missionary singing with me. President is trying to get the attention of news sources, radio and TV to try to make this a big deal ( "this" being- the white kid on the corner of the street singing in tagalog is pretty much what he said)

We had a small little test run to see if it is effective and we got 50 OYMs in 1 hour. The goal is 20 in a whole day. So clearly it is bringing in a crowd. We play EFY, some childrens hymns in tagalog, and some other approved songs that I have been given by the AP's and I have been encouraged to write some. Tomorrow we have a really big opportunity to play outside the school when school gets out and we expect hundreds of people there.

In other news we have 3 new really solid investigators (Floro, Florante, and Michael) and they are on date for baptism. All three of these people (all three found through the music) are the most elect people I have met on my mission. Its almost as if the music sorts the wheat from the tares for us. Those with the light of Christ come and listen. The others dont.

Anyway I am way happy right now. A little stressed because it adds a new dimension to missionary work and the schedule I didnt have to worry about before (practicing, taking care of my voice, scheduling shows and other appointments) But I know it is going to work out well and am getting adjusted to it well enough.

I love you all so much, please continue to be all your heavenly father expects of you. You are all entitled to his help.

Elder Dahle

Monday, September 14, 2015

Week #46 - I GET TO USE MUSIC!!!!

Elder Dahle & Elder Sta. Maria in the Bukid

Hey Family and Friends

Haha sounds like everyone is really quite busy. By the way, what is the Marching Band show this year?? Im sure Parks and Marsh chose well; tell them I said hello please:). I am happy to hear that you enjoyed my last letter, I hope this one puts a smile on your faces:)

To start I have some news that is going to make you so excited (cuz its got me way stoked).

Here is Presidents Letter to me this week:

President Deyro:

You have a talent in MUSIC. USE it!
Make opportunities to sing. like go to the Municipal Hall and talk to the Mayor. introduce yourself. Ask them if you can give a musical number on one of their FLAG CEREMONY every Monday.

Or other things. Ask a barangay Chairman if you can have a musical fireside in their Barangay Hall. If you need a guitar i can lend you mine.


YEP I KNOW RIGHT! Ha I am so excited to get to put music to use in finding new investigators. Especially considering we are really struggling to have people to teach right now. I will be doing versions of hymns and EFY songs at the next town hall meeting. President Deyro is really doing all he can to help the church gain new members here in Pangasisnan to bring the Temple here. I am proud and excited to be a part of that.

In other news, our investigator who went to Malaysia illegally actually didnt make it...

... she got to Maynila. Got scared and realized that our warning to her was true. And now she is back!! So now we still have her as an investigator and will be giving her a baptismal date soon, along with here brother. We have found some new investigators this week but also have dropped others just as fast. Our focus right now is OYM's or Open Your Mouth. We are talking to absolutely EVERYONE. I wish the members would give more referrals though. The statistic of success is not even comparable.

1 out of 100 OYMs is a baptism

3 out of 10 referrals gets baptized

Though we dont seem to be doing a lot of baptizing here the work is still really fulfilling and satisfying. Elder Sta. Maria and i wake up every morning with determination to fight of the discouragement and turn "all time and talents" on the work and glory of God. Which is "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man"

Often the small and simple things we do go unnoticed in our eyes and we dont see the effect. Example:

Yesterday we were walking and saw a family of 4 (a mom, dad, and two little boys) sleeping in a waiting shed with nothing but their backpacks as their pillows. I pulled out two pamphlets (The Restoration and Plan of Salvation) and I left them near the head of the father whose arm was gently placed over the two sleeping boys between him and is wife. And I wrote a note that said "Dalhin nyo 'to' -or "bring this with you"

Often times we dont get to take those people to the waters of Baptism. But we rin into them while traveling the road of their life and give them the Gospel and simply tell them "Dahlin nyo 'to"

It has lasting and powerful effect in the long run and it will change their lives forever. Watch this video that the church put out and you will see how the little things add up to wonderful and beautiful end

http://www.mormonchannel.org/blog/post/discovering-the-hope-of-gods-light

Anyway, I love you all so much and I know God loves you too

I know that this is Christs Church on the earth. I know that our Father in Heaven is looking out for us every second. I know that he has given us the Plan of Salvation that will help us find peace in this life, regardless of the onslaught of trials and tribulation. I find great peace in the knowledge that I am sealed to my family eternally (yep your stuck with me). Some people don't really understand this. Often the people we teach assume that was going to happen regardless of choices, or how or what we believe in. But I know, and bear my witness to all who read this letter that "...when we obtain ANY blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated." (D&C 130:20). I know that a life of clean, and purposeful living. Taking everyday that God has given you and making it something beautiful by serving others while being obedient yourself to his commandments will ensure an eternity of happiness and blessings.

I love you all so much

ELDER DAHLE
ANG SIMBAHAN NI
JESUCRISTO
NG MGA BANAL SA MGA 
HULING ARAW

Monday, September 7, 2015

Week #45 - My Interview with a Seventy

Hey all,

This week there have been moments of heartbreak. But there have also been moments of inexplicable joy and happiness. One of those happy moments happened this last week when I was chosen to be interviewed by President Ian Ardern, the President of the Philippines Area 70. We talked about a lot of different things in my interview (all topics of which were dicerned by the Spirit and brought up by him) But the one thing I want to share with you is a message he told me that I should tell you. He said in his thick New Zealand accent

"Elder Dahle, you are a bright, wonderful missionary and a jolly good fellow (yeah go ahead and read it with the accent), and I want your parents to know that I think so. And I think you are exactly the missionary that they think you are, which is perfect."

Hahaha we laughed and talked for a good 10 minutes about my mission and the trials I have had and the things I have overcome. And something he did at the beginning of the interview really stood out to me. He asked me how long I had been on my mission and when I answered he look at me and took the piece of paper in his hands that had the names of those 4 missionaries he was going to interview including my name and he torn a thin strip down the side. He then found a spot a little less than halfway and tore the paper into two pieces. He placed them on the desk and told me that they represented how far I have come and how much I have left to go. He told me on the smaller one he wanted me to write 4 things I had conquered and on the other 6 things I have yet to conquer. "...And Elder Dahle I am not talking about to-do-list goals like 'read the book of Mormon 3 times' or anything like that. but more like PMG chapter 6..."

So I did. And it really put perspective on how much of me has really changed. I am still the core of who I was when I left. But with so much more direction than I did before. I am not where I want to be yet. But I am facing the right way.

Anyway, this week was good but also hard (as all of the previous weeks have been ' good but hard'). This area is honestly way tough. Significantly harder than San Manuel ever was for me. At least there we achieved our goals. Here it is nearly impossible. The mission vision of excellence has now increased significantly and a lot more is expected of us. But I know that with the praying and fasting that Elder Sta. Maria and I have been doing it is possible. There is slow but steady progress every single week. Our main focus right now is finding because we dropped a really significant amount of investigators last week (which is a really really awful feeling if I might add). And three of our IBD's dropped themselves :(. One of which by suddenly making the decision to ditch her family and illegally sneak into Malaysia to make more money. With no passport.... The survival statistic of such decision are staggering. Some serious tears were shed at the lack of prayer and scripture study and serious thought put into making that decision. She left yesterday so we don't know if she made it or not.

So because of the shortage of investigators we are now really focused on finding. And to quote Elder Dahle's last email (Derek) "so here in the Philippines it is really hard to find at night time, like if you disturb people during a meal you pretty much insult them right away" So really hours from 630-900 are dead and if we dont have an appointment at that time we are toast.

Anyway, I am loving my mission despite the roller coaster ride it has become. We are really putting all our studies and energy into having the spirit so then we can find the right people, and effectively teach them with power and authority of our calling. Elder Sta. Maria is easily my favorite companion and I am so happy to be here striving with him in this are even though it is hard.

I want you all to know that I know this church is true. The priesthood keys and power held by the remaining eleven apostles after the death of the Savior are now again held in full authority and right by the Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I encourage you all to take the term 'Saint' and give all time talent and energy into being a true disciple of Jesus Christ. This message in not hapless. It is not hopeless. It is not to be consigned to the ash heap of history. It is to change us and change the world, and it is every second of every day. I love you all so much.

Elder Dahle

Monday, August 31, 2015

Week # 44 - 10 Month Mark & a new Companion

Hey Mom,

Well I didnt transfer!!! What a relief. Sleeping well, eating well, all is in order with my health. My new companion is SO COOL. I know him really really well because he was in the other companionship in my branch in Mangaldan. I remember going on exchanges with him and thinking, "Wow, what a solid missionary I have a lot to learn from him; hopefully we are companions in the future" Haha and here we are. So here we both are in Sta. Maria. And to put the cherry on top guess what is name is? Ha yep Elder Sta. Maria. I know its hilarious. I requested that President send me to "Dahle, Philippines" next transfer but I dont think that exists haha. Anyway he is this little filipino I met when I was in mangaldan, he is from Zamboanga City Philippines and he speaks freaking Chavacano which is broken spanish (he is teaching me so I can talk to Dad because they are easily exchangeable; President Monahan did his first interview in spanish ha). Its dope man. haha When I say little I mean it. He is 5'2''. Looks about 14. And has this ity bity tiny little voice haha. But he is the hardest working companion I have had so far. We are working so hard. Anyway, I will write to the blog next week. Tan amor yo con ustedes.

Elder Dahle

Monday, August 10, 2015

Week #41 Great news from my old area!

Hello!

Wow. This week was SO GOOD. Haha, First off

I just received news from my BML in Mangaldan that

Marilyn's son is getting baptized along with 6 of my other previous investigators

According to my Magladan BML, Marilyn is expecting another child and she is going to name him/her after me (as in Dahle) hahah isnt that SO COOL

In other news Elder Atun and I are having a blast and are working hard. We have 3 BAPTISMS THIS WEEK!! Salvador, Ferdinand, and Aipie. Honestly these three investigators are the most converted people I have ever met. Ferdinand finished the Book of Mormon in 1 month. Salvador dropped smoking, drinking, and coffee cold turkey, all gone and thrown out in 1 day. And Aipie has been going to church as a special case investigator for more than 3 years now and has suffered persecution and even abuse from a family member for her dedication to the church.

These people are walking miracles. Some people think its the healing and the moving mountains that define the word "miracle". I disagree. Conversion is the miracle of this Gospel. The fact that people can change. I know that these people pass Alma's repentance questionnaire in Alma chapter 5 and can "sing the song of redeeming love"

The joy I feel from this comes from personal conversion. I too have felt my own change of heart and it grows to "god-ward" (2 corinthians 1-6) every single second I spend serving God and others. I love you all so much.

Elder Dahle




Monday, August 3, 2015

Week #40 3 Baptisms Set, Spider fighting & Another funny Drug Sign

Hey mom,

I was really happy to sit down at my email and see so many emails from friends and siblings. I dont feel so alone out here when I get a few sentences from everyone. 

Anyway, this week could have easily been one of the hardest weeks of my mission. We may have broken the mission record for the least investigator lessons in 1 week. only 5 lessons with a member present which isnt even half of our goal. I am SO sick of open area. Especially because it was sisters last transfer here so the priesthood holders are not used to the new responsibility they have to work with us (because there are really strict rules about who can work with Elders/ sisters as far as age and sex are concerned ).

However despite the struggles with the lessons we are seeing the fruits of our effort. We have 3 Baptisms on the 15th!!!!! They are all so great and one of them was someone that Elder Skinner taught here two years ago in his training! She was a special case but we FINALLY got her father to sign a consent form for her Baptism! She cried and cried she was so happy.

Being the only American in the apartment is actually awesome, and I am learning so much! Like how to catch spiders and make them fight haha! I will have to teach you all when I get back, but it is actually a huge past time here in the Philippines and very competitive haha.

check this out


Anyway, I love you all so much!! PS Marilyns daughter was Baptized!!!!

Elder Dahle




Monday, July 27, 2015

Week # 39 - 9 MONTH MARK!!!!

Hey Mom & Dad,

Wow I have so much to say in new of this week that I dont know where to start,

1. Elder Atun and I are having a BLAST here and have some really really progressing investigators,

2. I have NO CLUE if Marilyns daughter got baptized or not this past week, but I will be anxiously awaiting news from the Mangaldan 2 branch mission leader

3. I am in a house with 3 other filipinos so basically I am have not spoken much english the past 2 weeks ha

Overally  I am really happy here in Sta. Maria and though I am really feeling the exhaustion of working in the Lords vinyard, it is also energizing and I am fuelled with motivation everytime i see one of our investigators keeping their commitments. The adjustment from the transfer is still giving me a hard time and I have not be sleeping well because of that, but I know I will be all settled in over the next few days. Right now we have 5 really really solid investigators that all have a baptismal date and they all came to church!! I am super excited for 2 of them (a father and a son) who will be baptized on the 15th of August. Anyway it feels so weird that the 9 month mark is now only 2 days away and then I will be going on a year. Keep on giving life the very best you have and it will do the same for you. Never forget that for every commandment there is a promise. And the blessings always far outweigh the cost. I love you mom. I am sorry that I forgot this simple principle of the gospel that I so often teach other people, thank you for your reminder to keep on track. I love you so much

Elder Dahle


Funny . . .  but TRUE Filipino PSA don't do drug signs!

Monday, July 20, 2015

Week # 38 -New area & New Companion!

Family,

Yes. I got transferred. It was so difficult and there were a lot of tearful goodbyes and a testimony meeting at our BML's (branch mission leader) house on the last night I was there. Now I am open area (AGAIN) in Sta. Maria, Rosales (Elder Skinners 1st area) and we are actually being blessed with a lot of success. My companion is Elder Atun from Bicol who just got back from the mission after going home for a few months. He is a really spectacular, fun, and happy missionary haahah and he is from Bicol so he can whip up some super tasty Bicol Express (my new favorite food here) He hasnt made it yet but other missionaries tell me its way good, so I am looking forward to that. This area was actually a sisters area but it because Elders (but they made it an area for Elders) because they had a stalker? But he didnt really seem that interested in us so when he saw it was (we were) Elders here (instead) we stopped seeing him around ha. Anyway. President asked us to do this survey thing so I dont have as much time as usual. I love you all. I am working hard. Mahal ko po kayong lahat

Elder Dahle


(Elder Dahle asked his Mom to edit this to correct his English because he was struggling but in the name of keeping it authentic for posterity, and it is really cute, my corrections are in parenthesis:-))

Monday, July 13, 2015

Week #37 -Rain, Rain & More Rain

Hey Family,

Wow, sounds like a week of fun, movies, scout camp, Whitneys running around our house, ice cream. Sounds like a pakikipagsapalaran. haha sorry, that means like "risky adventure" but it doesnt really translate that well, its a new word I learned this week and it sounds soooo cool, and its so useful you can even laugh at each other trying to say it; endless entertainment. Anyway, today was the first time we have seen the sun in about 9 days. Derek tells me they go pretty hammered by the typhoon. We have been experiencing a TON of flooding. I am going to try to send some pictures of me and my companion. My shoes are wet everyday from walking in the flood water to get to investigators. Sometimes up to upper thigh and waist. This is tough but it is honestly really really powerful for our investigators to see that we care about them and the work of the Lord so much that we would practically swim through dangerous and disgusting flood water to get to share with them for 20 min.

This week we were however a little disappointed by the fact that only 2 of our 11 investigators with a baptismal date cam to church because of the rain. But those few who had the faith to come despite of the rain will be blessed. We have a baptism this next Saturday!!! But transfer day is thursday! So because I am the trainer, chances are; I will be the one to transfer. This is sad because I LOVE Mangaldan 2 branch. Me and the BML are like bestfriends. He got back from his mission in Iloilo the same week I reported to the MTC. He was the AP there for like 10 months or something and he is the best. He is the reason I didnt fall apart with this whole open area training deal. Sad to say that Elder Baldove's training is now up. In about two days I will find out which of the two of us is transferring, and the next day we find out where. He says he has a strong feeling it is him, but I am pretty sure its me haha. But all is well no matter what. I trust the Lord to send me where I am needed and where I need to grow more as a disciple.

In other news the new Mission President; President Deyro is AWESOME. He is super fun and a spiritual giant and he is really personally close with the missionaries. I was happy I got a good 10 min to chat with him about the mission and my family and my intrests. It is truly inspired that he was called here.

Well the rain just started again and that 3 hours of sunlight is now gone. I love you all, and I hope you all continue to grow spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Just reading the emails from my little sister paints the picture of change that has been happening at home. She sounds like shes about 30 haha. I love you all so much. Stay safe, pray always.

Elder Dahle

Monday, July 6, 2015

Week #36 - WET and HAPPY!

Hello Family,

Well. It has been a very very very wet week. It has now rained for more than 48 hours straight. ALL of my clothes are wet. We havent seen the sun in about 4 days, and my area is flooding up to my knees from little accumulation if constant rain. I am having tons of fun though. This week all our IBD investigators came to church again! They are so great and I am going to be DEVASTATED if I transfer. Training Elder Baldove has been a blast and he is now leading the area for the last week of his training. I am proud of him. I am going to miss him.

The new Mission President, President Deyro, is here. I have yet to meet him, but my friend who is the AP right now says he is sooooo awesome. I am really excited to meet him this Thursday.

Anyway in other news a cat peed on my scriptures in the middle of a lesson:( so I need new ones. I may ask my BML to get me some when he goes to Manila this week.. and just send him with some money. I dont have much time left on email, so just know that I love you. I am happy here, I am working hard and becoming a more consecrated missionary every day.

Elder Dahle

The Calm BEFORE the Storm

The Beautiful Philippines AFTER the Storm

Monday, June 29, 2015

Week #35 - Tornadoes, Hail and Prayers! - 8 Months Down



Hello Mom,

Nice to hear Ohio is getting some intense rain as well, because it looks like we traded, this week we actually stayed remarkably dry, where all the rain and such was while we were sleeping, or in meetings haha. Although, I forgot to add a little detail from last week. IT HAILED here in Mangaldan!!!! Like, we are talking marble to as bid as quarter size hail. And a Tornado almost completely obliterated the house of one of our investigators. And they met together as a family in the middle of their home and prayed (which we had just taught them how to do the night before) that they would be safe from harm and danger, and they even prayed that we would be safe too. And the Tornado or ipon-ipon in Tagalog, just missed their house by 100 feet or so, only causing minor damage to their roof. This family now is on date for baptism on July 25th and came to church last sunday!

Speaking of which! We had 8 investigators come to church! And now all of them are on date! The work in our area is soooo great right now and we are making so much progress with some investigators that we have been teaching since I arrived in this area! It is amazing to see the journey they have taken from the first lesson till now. Some of them rejected us on sight, then had the slightest change of heart to listen and now are excited and preparing for baptism and membership in Jesus Christ's Church restored to the earth again.

In other news... I am in the same zone as Elder Tanner again!! He is doing so good and working so hard! I was especially impressed with his Tagalog and it was so cool to hold a conversation in the language we struggled with just 7 months before. And NO the transfer has not happened yet, but he was emergency transferred here just last week and is now in the other companionship in our branch!

Anyway, I love you all so very much and hope you are doing well. Please feel free to email me personally and tell me how your lives are going. I am really getting better at this whole email thing so I am sure that I will be able to respond to you every other week, if not every week. Please stay strong and faithful in all things that your Heavenly Father decides to send your way. Never forget that he loves you and wishes the best for you will never give you something you cant handle!

Elder Dahle

Pictures from Elder & Sister Roberts - Magladan Zone