Monday, October 19, 2015

Week #52 - Typhoon Lando (Koppu) - Pray for the people of the Philippines!

Letter # 1 (A short update so Mom and Dad can breathe a little easier:0))

I am safe.

I am happy.

But those are the only two questions I have time to answer. The whole mission is on lock down, we have to go take kits to missionaries and check on everyone. The winds were brutal. You will see in the picture I am sending. Now it is raining like none other. Dad said they measured it in millimeters on the news there, but there is a meter of water covering some places of Urdaneta and even whole areas in other zones. I have to go help. I love you and might get to email more later today. If there are any other parents freaking out assure them there is nothing to be worried about if their kid doesn't email. They have no power and it isnt safe outside the apartment. All apartments are cement structures and they are all safe. I love you.

Elder Dahle

Letter #2


Hello all,

Well I don't have time to write a bunch, but they say a picture is worth a thousand words. I am safe, everyone in my district is safe and I am checking on them often. Typhoon Lando (Koppu) is strong. We are at a signal 3, and it just doesn't seem like it wants to leave the mission boundaries. No missionaries are hurt. Just a lot of damage to the weaker structures and most trees have been thoroughly amputated. Saw a flying banana tree. Here in the office the phones are off the hook. Many other areas are pretty flooded and it seems like its going to be this way for a while. Its raining really hard here in Urdaneta right now. The winds are pretty strong too but they are stronger in other places as the eye of the storm has left us. From the radar it looks like another slightly stronger Typhoon is just behind this one. Not sure if it will go south or come to us. Anyway, I love you all, pray for the people here please. 


You can see the wind sheared the bark off the tree behind me. all aside, I am safe. Love you all.


Elder Dahle

No comments:

Post a Comment