Monday, October 5, 2015

Week #49 - Early Transfer, New area, New Companion, New Responsibility!

Hey Family!

Well SURPRISE!!!!! I got early transferred haha.

I am now in the Mission Office and I have been called as a District Leader. So my new area is Urdaneta 1B (I think? I am still not sure where I am) and my new companion is Elder Ansuban, the Mission Finance (once again I have been blessed with a really wonderful companion' he is such a good missionary).

This time President didnt even wait till transfer day (*its still this next thursday haha), he just had his Assistant call me and have me pack my bags and get ready to be picked up by the mission Supply Manager because I was given a new assignment.

I now have a Philippines Licence, and a mission car (yeah its a new Toyota Corolla, imagine that haha). My new companion is Elder Ansuban the mission Finance Officer (he is so great). My calling involves a lot of new responsibility and I will have to tell you more about it next week (because I honestly dont know all of it) but I will just list a few things that I do as Mission Recorder.

> I receive all BCR's or Baptism and Confirmation Records and I check them and input them into the Church Records System

> I photoshop and edit all incoming photos of new missionaries and batch pictures

> I photoshop and create the mission Newsletter "Urdaneta.net"

> I create programs for Baptisms and other activities

> I help prepare the transfer list for the rest of the office Elders

> And about 5 other things I havent been taught yet

As a District Leader

> I interview all the missionaries of my District to check on their areas, their relationship with their companions, and their overall well being (those under my stewardship are actually ALL the Mission Leaders; AP's, Zone Leaders, and the Sister Training Leaders). So actually that means I am under the direction of all those in my district but they are under my responsibility, weird right? The Prophet has a home teacher, so its kind of the same principle.

> I give an instructional workshop to the district every tuesday.

> I join the Zone Leaders in a meeting after District Meeting to discuss and find solutions to specific problems of missionaries in my District

> I receive the stats of my district and send them the Zone Leaders (who then send them back to me as mission Recorder haha)

So basically there is a lot of new change in my life as a missionary. Some, really relieving (Air-conditioning office, Car, the big house, washing machine, The mission Secretary is a Culinary Arts student haha so he cooks all the time) And then also some really stressful new responsibilities. But President interviewed me when I got to Urdaneta and told me that he trusted me to have "little to no problems adjusting to the new calling" YIKES!

Anyway, I love you so very much, I will be anxiously awaiting the package :)

Love, 
Elder Dahle

No comments:

Post a Comment