Monday, August 3, 2015

Week #40 3 Baptisms Set, Spider fighting & Another funny Drug Sign

Hey mom,

I was really happy to sit down at my email and see so many emails from friends and siblings. I dont feel so alone out here when I get a few sentences from everyone. 

Anyway, this week could have easily been one of the hardest weeks of my mission. We may have broken the mission record for the least investigator lessons in 1 week. only 5 lessons with a member present which isnt even half of our goal. I am SO sick of open area. Especially because it was sisters last transfer here so the priesthood holders are not used to the new responsibility they have to work with us (because there are really strict rules about who can work with Elders/ sisters as far as age and sex are concerned ).

However despite the struggles with the lessons we are seeing the fruits of our effort. We have 3 Baptisms on the 15th!!!!! They are all so great and one of them was someone that Elder Skinner taught here two years ago in his training! She was a special case but we FINALLY got her father to sign a consent form for her Baptism! She cried and cried she was so happy.

Being the only American in the apartment is actually awesome, and I am learning so much! Like how to catch spiders and make them fight haha! I will have to teach you all when I get back, but it is actually a huge past time here in the Philippines and very competitive haha.

check this out


Anyway, I love you all so much!! PS Marilyns daughter was Baptized!!!!

Elder Dahle




No comments:

Post a Comment