Monday, September 14, 2015

Week #46 - I GET TO USE MUSIC!!!!

Elder Dahle & Elder Sta. Maria in the Bukid

Hey Family and Friends

Haha sounds like everyone is really quite busy. By the way, what is the Marching Band show this year?? Im sure Parks and Marsh chose well; tell them I said hello please:). I am happy to hear that you enjoyed my last letter, I hope this one puts a smile on your faces:)

To start I have some news that is going to make you so excited (cuz its got me way stoked).

Here is Presidents Letter to me this week:

President Deyro:

You have a talent in MUSIC. USE it!
Make opportunities to sing. like go to the Municipal Hall and talk to the Mayor. introduce yourself. Ask them if you can give a musical number on one of their FLAG CEREMONY every Monday.

Or other things. Ask a barangay Chairman if you can have a musical fireside in their Barangay Hall. If you need a guitar i can lend you mine.


YEP I KNOW RIGHT! Ha I am so excited to get to put music to use in finding new investigators. Especially considering we are really struggling to have people to teach right now. I will be doing versions of hymns and EFY songs at the next town hall meeting. President Deyro is really doing all he can to help the church gain new members here in Pangasisnan to bring the Temple here. I am proud and excited to be a part of that.

In other news, our investigator who went to Malaysia illegally actually didnt make it...

... she got to Maynila. Got scared and realized that our warning to her was true. And now she is back!! So now we still have her as an investigator and will be giving her a baptismal date soon, along with here brother. We have found some new investigators this week but also have dropped others just as fast. Our focus right now is OYM's or Open Your Mouth. We are talking to absolutely EVERYONE. I wish the members would give more referrals though. The statistic of success is not even comparable.

1 out of 100 OYMs is a baptism

3 out of 10 referrals gets baptized

Though we dont seem to be doing a lot of baptizing here the work is still really fulfilling and satisfying. Elder Sta. Maria and i wake up every morning with determination to fight of the discouragement and turn "all time and talents" on the work and glory of God. Which is "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man"

Often the small and simple things we do go unnoticed in our eyes and we dont see the effect. Example:

Yesterday we were walking and saw a family of 4 (a mom, dad, and two little boys) sleeping in a waiting shed with nothing but their backpacks as their pillows. I pulled out two pamphlets (The Restoration and Plan of Salvation) and I left them near the head of the father whose arm was gently placed over the two sleeping boys between him and is wife. And I wrote a note that said "Dalhin nyo 'to' -or "bring this with you"

Often times we dont get to take those people to the waters of Baptism. But we rin into them while traveling the road of their life and give them the Gospel and simply tell them "Dahlin nyo 'to"

It has lasting and powerful effect in the long run and it will change their lives forever. Watch this video that the church put out and you will see how the little things add up to wonderful and beautiful end

http://www.mormonchannel.org/blog/post/discovering-the-hope-of-gods-light

Anyway, I love you all so much and I know God loves you too

I know that this is Christs Church on the earth. I know that our Father in Heaven is looking out for us every second. I know that he has given us the Plan of Salvation that will help us find peace in this life, regardless of the onslaught of trials and tribulation. I find great peace in the knowledge that I am sealed to my family eternally (yep your stuck with me). Some people don't really understand this. Often the people we teach assume that was going to happen regardless of choices, or how or what we believe in. But I know, and bear my witness to all who read this letter that "...when we obtain ANY blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated." (D&C 130:20). I know that a life of clean, and purposeful living. Taking everyday that God has given you and making it something beautiful by serving others while being obedient yourself to his commandments will ensure an eternity of happiness and blessings.

I love you all so much

ELDER DAHLE
ANG SIMBAHAN NI
JESUCRISTO
NG MGA BANAL SA MGA 
HULING ARAW

No comments:

Post a Comment