Monday, August 29, 2016

Week #95 - Last transfer & Last Companion!

Mom & Dad,

Glad to hear that our family is so happy and doing so well:) I am so excited to see you all! Here is an update on the week

Monday, Fun P-Day, we spent most of the day cleaning our apartment and getting ready to move apartments on tuesday ha:) taught a little girl named Bridgette, she will be baptised on September 10:)

Tuesday. Spent the WHOLE DAY packing, cleaning, loading, unpacking, unloading, cleaning some more and organising all our furniture into our new apartment. When we were finally done and I had unpacked all my stuff and it was all set out on my desk and all my clothes were hung up all nice in the closet, my body was sore, I was tired and laid down to finally get some rest at about 10:00 pm. Then the phone rang...

It was the Assistants to the President...

EARLY TRANSFER!!!

Haha I was so mad! I had to spend the next three hours until 1:00 am packing everything up again to get picked up at 7:00am. I only got to stay in the new apartment for a night, and it was a short one at that.

My new area is ALAMINOS! My new companion is Elder Sabiano (which literally means Elder "SAY WHAT?!" in tagalog. Im for real. Search in Google translate "sabi ano". He was the AP while I was in the office and is probably the most diligent missionaries in the whole mission.

He is my batch so we go home on the same day! Not sure what president was thinking there. The AP's said that this area just really needed two weathered experienced Zone Leaders to bring it back to life and I cannot think of a better way to finish my mission. This is officially my last area and my last companion and it is such a great way to finish off strong. We are already seeing so many miracles. Here are a few.

Tatay Romeo went from 18 cigarettes a day to only 1 or 2 and he is in Helaman in the Book of Mormon after only 2 weeks of teaching.

Sister Lyn was invited to drink alcohol with some friends but instead of giving in, she said no and explained to her friends her new endeavour to be a better follower of Jesus Christ; this had an impact on her friends and they support her.

I met a member who prays for the whole quorum of the Twelve by name every single night and also prays for the missionaries in the ward by name. She made and effort to know my name and pray for me the night I arrive and I hadnt even met her yet.

Alaminos is really great. I was impressed on Sunday with how spiritual their church services are. Sacrament was incredibly reverent, in class everyone read a previously assigned scripture passage, everyone participated, the teacher asked inspired questions and involved everyone. I love it here:)

I love you so much! I hope you are all happy and doing well:) See you in a couple months!!!!!

Elder Dahle

No comments:

Post a Comment