Monday, April 18, 2016

Week #78 - Still very sick BUT still teaching!

Hey mom and dad

Not sure how long I can email. It got cut short last week because I threw up while emailing. I am pretty sick right now. PLEASE dont freak out and go beg sister deyro for info. I will tell you everything right now.

I started with really bad body aches just like when I got sick in march. Then I was vomiting a lot, and had a blazing fever. And the worst was I was having loose bowel moments every 20 minutes.

We though it was just a sickness that they call "trankaso", but then my stool started to have mixed blood and mucous. I had been in contact with sister deyro all week and she helped my get the fever to me manageable and lessen the pain of the body aches. However at this point the diagnosis seems to be that I have an intestinal parasite. We are not sure, if I do have one it is only a small or mild one. I have already been prescribed a release medicine so I can pass the worm.

Basically this sucks. I will email more in a bit, but the important thing is that you know that I am alive and about as happy as a person with a parasite can be. I am in good hands because sister deyro is a very talented doctor who is very receptive to revelation so she will make sure I get taken care of. I am drinking a ridiculous amount of water. the bad part is that it goes straight through my body.

Anyway, I did however get myself out of bed to work a couple days so I have some other things to tell you other than being bed ridden.

As for your questions yes me and my companion are very busy and having a great time, we basically dont ever get a break, we always are out doing something. Especially in Dagupan because it has the best hospital so when missionaries get sick and have to go there, we are the ones who go visit them and bring them food and such. I didnt get to go to church yesterday, but my companion happily reported that 5 of our investigators came to church:) Two of them live on an island that is pretty far away so it really takes some serious faith for them to make it to church, but they did:) Then there was a husband and a wife that we found last week and they came and had a really good experience. Then the last is Lester.

Lester is the most incredible investigator that I have ever had. He is a 19 year old who had been going to church in a neighbouring ward for like 2 months straight and the other ward thought he was a member, when they found out he wasnt they promptly referred him to us because he lives in our area. We went and taught him the restoration and felt the spirit really really strong. After coming to church for 2 months he pretty much already knew it all but he said it was really special when he heard it in the lesson. After the lesson we asked if he had any questions, he paused for a long time, then expressed his question about why people of African decent could not hold the priesthood before. after answering that tough question we warned him that it would be unwise for him to search the internet for things like that, and that his questioning should lead to stronger faith, not doubts. We told him that sometimes we dont know the exact reason or answer to questions like that, but through reading and prayer the spirit could speak peace to his mind and heart. Then next lesson we came back and he burst into tears and bore testimony of the divinity of the book of Mormon and Joseph Smiths prophetic ministry. It was incredible.

Anyway next question. Singing? Honestly it has been difficult to schedule anything new, we have a performance on the 24th and then we are looking to set up a street performance for the Bangus Festival.

BY THE WAY. Bangus. Bangus is what we call milkfish in the united states and it is a HUGE deal here. This month is the annual Bangus Festival and there are a lot of cool things going on, cultural celebrations, food tasting etc, When we come back, this is the time of year I want to come back to show you the bangus festival.

Yes being a zone leader does eat up proslyting time, but oddly enough we teach more lessons that I have my whole mission regardless. Last week we missed 2 days of work and still taught 40 lessons.

Anyway I am just going to focus on getting better for now and try to get out to work as soon as possible. Elder DaBell is taking good care of me, always making sure I have cold water, and a cool rag, and the meds I need. Anyway, I love you lots:) Bye

love you bunches:)

Elder Dahle

No comments:

Post a Comment