Monday, February 16, 2015

Week #16 - Preaching on a mountain!!!

Hey mom,

I am now sending a whole bunch of letters to everyone so you should expect them in a few weeks.

This week was nuts! We climbed to the top of a mountain and taught like 40 people it was so cool, I felt like Alma or Amuleck and the sons of Mosiah preaching to the masses. We got a return appointment. This week I completed all the goals I set out to do including finishing the Book of Mormon for the second time on my mission. It makes me look forward to personal study every morning and I have really developed a love for the scriptures. Yesterday we killed 5 mice in our apartment hah so thats nasty. The living conditions here are way different than at home. I have been putting off telling you this but I am going to be honest ha, there is no toilet paper here. Use your hand haha. No joke. Im serious. So that has been some intense culture shock. And yesterday we went to a dinner appointment and I was expecting, you know. A dinner appointment. But instead I helped then catch and slaughter a pig and that was dinner. Yeah thats way intense. And I ate Balut! and wayyyyy ripe duck egg (2-3 weeks from hatching) I got a good video of me eating it but it wont send:(! sorry if this all seems jumbled I am just trying to squeeze as much information as possible. I am so so so so sorry about how my emails have been. I feel so much better now that I am writing letters and you can expect an email bigger than this one everyweek now. Plus snail mail. I love you so much mom. Often times I stop and look around at what I am doing and I just wish you could see me. I dont know steves address so I am just sending a letter to our house for him its ssays "dont open, give to steve" on the back I love you, big 5 page letter on the way to ethan too! I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!! \

your son,
Elder Dahle

The mountain we climbed and found a village to teach!
View from the mountain. We really love to hike up here early in the morning and do our personal and companion study.

No comments:

Post a Comment